Dr. Says this,
The Klinik St. George Hospital - www.klinik-st-georg.de - in Bad Aibling, Germany, has treated 2500 German and 2500 foreign patients each year. Their cancer treatment regime is a week of detoxification and strengthening the immune system with diet and nutritional supplements, followed by 2 weeks of localized Infrared hyperthermia treatment and low dose chemotherapy. This regime has produced great success in treating cancers.
[Discoveries about cancer at Klinik St. George Hospital included:] The cancerous cell has a weakness, [which is] heat. It will die if the temperature goes above 42C/107.6 F.
- a) Far Infrared treatment raises body temperature to 42 degrees C [107.6 degrees F].
- b) Far Infrared heat penetrates through the body and kills existing cancerous cells.
- c) Far Infrared heat enables capillaries to expand, thus enabling good circulation and combating the potential existence of cancer cells.
- d)Far Infrared thermal therapy can alleviate pain and prolong life when conventional cancer treatment fails.
- e) "The potential is quite endless," said Harry T. Whelan, MD, Medical College Bleser Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics and Hyperbaric Medicine. "I like to say that the history of medicine, since the beginning of time, has been poisons and knives. Drugs usually poison some enzyme system for the benefit of the patient. Think about the drugs you take: Digitalis is digitoxin; it's from the foxglove plant and it poisons your heart gently to help you with cardiac disease. Motrin and aspirin basically poison the prostaglandin system to decrease pain by poisoning the inflammatory cascade. Blood thinners basically poison the clotting system, and on and on and on.”
[Dr. Whelan further states,] "So all these drugs that we take are poisons carefully dosed to help the patient. And then, of course, knives. That's surgery, in which you have to cut the patient in order to cure. [Note his sarcasim] In this particular strategy, [using LED’s and infra-red] what we're trying to do is use the energy of certain specific wavelengths of light, which are carefully studied in our research lab, to determine those that will enhance the cells' normal biochemistry instead of poisoning something that is supposed to occur or cutting at it. I consider that a paradigm shift in the entire approach to medicine that has the potential, therefore, to alter all kinds of disease processes, particularly any in which there's an energy crisis for the tissue."[Pain or disease is an energy flow blockage.]
NASA then funded Medical College research and clinical trials using LEDs to treat cancer patients following bone marrow transplants. Mucositis, a very painful side effect of cancer treatment, produces throat and mouth ulcerations and gastrointestinal problems so severe that health suffers as chewing and swallowing food and drink become difficult or even impossible. In the first trial at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, LED treatment proved so successful in treating mucositis in the young patients that another round of trials has been funded.
"We have now at Children's Hospital essentially prevented mucositis since we've been treating these patients once a day for eighty seconds with our handheld light emitting diode arrays," said Dr. Whelan. "Now we have the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in collaboration with us performing a multi-center trial throughout the United States and several foreign countries. If we can replicate the results in other centers and reproduce that same data, which we have published, that will become the standard of care. I contacted the FDA when we had achieved these results, because it was pretty dramatic and we were actually surprised by how well it worked. We're already well into the multi-center trial and we anticipate being done in five years.
"In the Defense Department work, the idea is rapid battlefield care, self-care being the optimum. If you're in a modern special operations scenario, you're in a small rapidly mobile unit expected to be self-sufficient that may not be evacuated for over 96 hours if there are casualties. You will not be able to get to M.A.S.H. units or hospitals. If you're lucky enough to have a medic or a corpsman, he may be the first casualty. So what do you do? If you need to fight back because the alternative is to be killed, it's important to be able to treat problems yourself.
"So, we have developed hand-held prototypes that are currently deployed in the Middle East and being tested on patients with various casualties, most notably laser eye injuries. Laser eye injuries are a new emerging battlefield threat. There are many unclassified stories about our troops in Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan and North Korea that have been shot with lasers with the intent to blind, as well as the occasional inadvertent military laser injury with a range finder."
Dr. Whelan led a study on using LEDs to reverse blindness in rats that was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (Vol. 100, March 18, 2003) and was inducted into the NASA Space Technology Hall of Fame in 2001 for his LED research, indicators that the progression in this area from science fiction to "real science" is complete. The Bleser Foundation endows his professorship, and the Chad Baumann Charitable Trust has also provided funding for the LED cancer treatment research.
Overcoming the Impact of Weightlessness
"In our NASA projects what we're trying to do is find ways to use the energy of near-infrared light to stimulate the little engine in every cell, which is the mitochondria, so that the drive train, which absorbs these very wavelengths of light energy, can be powered to do what it's best at doing, which is providing energy for the cell to do everything it does," said Dr. Whelan. "Now, light absorbed by, say, your sweater or my black pants, does not automatically convert into biological benefits. But if it's absorbed in the form of light energy by chemicals whose job is always to make use of energy to power the cell, then it's going to maybe be put to good use. That's what we will do.
"Astronauts get four problems. They get immune deficiency, pituitary insufficiency that leads to hormone imbalances in space, wound healing delays, and muscle and bone atrophy. If we can use energy to counteract the long-term effects of weightlessness, which causes a distortion of the mitochondrial structure or scaffolding architecture, then maybe we can countermeasure these four problems astronauts get by long-term weightlessness. That's the NASA thing. It's a long-term preventative daily treatment with this near-infrared light to help 'goose' their cells into better health to overcome the problems of chronic weightlessness on the cell."
"If you think about it, a lot of injuries result in an energy problem because the tissue is damaged, injured, and therefore has difficulties going through its normal processes of energy metabolism," said Dr. Whelan. "Usually there's a lot of swelling, which strangles the blood vessels. You're getting inadequate oxygen and nutrients, so there's an energy crisis. If there's a critical time, and as a neurologist I'm particularly conscious in the case of stroke, spinal cord injury and in the case of retinal laser injury as in the DARPA project, it's those golden hours during which tissue that hasn't been completely destroyed is fighting for survival.
"(LED) might make the difference between a small stroke or a large stroke, or between Christopher Reeve being paralyzed for life or walking again, or between someone having a tiny little blind spot from where the laser first hit to being completely blind because of the spreading injury around the entirety of the retina. Those are the differences we'd like to make in neurology, and those things can have spin-offs beyond military combat casualty care to things like diabetic retinopathy, diabetic ulcers, other tissues that can be affected, metabolic diseases where the mitochondria is the area of tissue affected by the problem, serious burns, and then a whole host of neurologic injuries. These are all potential future areas."
Disturbance "Qi" (life-force) will disturb the normal body function illness. Therefore "Qi" released from the palm of "Qi gong" master is "Qi" introduced from an external source to restore the body's function. Therefore by wearing F.I.R products will help to produce warmth and increase the resonance absorption which is similar to "Qi gong" therapy to restore health. According to Dr. Masao Nakamura from Japan, F.I.R treatment is the best solution because it achieves the objective "treatment that caused the least pain to the patient".
Our body temperature is normally at 36C to 37C. [96.8 to 98.6F] When we do exercise our body will sweat and increase warmness. In this process, the body waste is being eliminated, and proper food nutrient and test to supplement our body will become vital. It is also a fact that materials like clothing can keep our body warm and sweat, but it [our body] does not emit FIR for absorption - only materials that contain FIR materials have the therapeutic properties if worn and used on a long term [basis] in our body will achieve optimum health benefits.
Why do we say that 6-15 micron is the Bio-Genetic Rays? The basis is on usages, research on living things coupled with FIR. Temperature of every living thing including animals and plants is normally within the range 0̊C to 100̊C . The ability to absorb the electromagnetic waves is also within this range. When the wavelength is between 8-12 micron, that is the external emission rate of the human body, it is within the frequency rang of 9 - 12 micron. Extensive biological research has shown that FIR wavelengths between 6 - 15 micron are beneficial to human body and consequently known as the physiological rays or Bio-Genetic Rays.
- http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-benefits-of-far-infrared-therapy/ -
Far Infrared (FIR) Healing, Medical Facts and Research Data From Japan And Other Sources. Over the last 25 years, Japanese and Chinese researchers and clinicians have completed extensive research on Far Infrared medical treatments and report many amazing discoveries. In Japan, there is an 'Far Infrared Society' composed of medical doctors and physical therapists dedicated to further Far Infrared heat therapy - hyperthermia - research . Their findings support the multiple health benefits of Far Infrared therapy as a method of serious healing capability.
[The] health challenges [listed] below, have been reported in Japan and China, as alleviated, reduced or eliminated by the use of Far Infrared Therapy:
- Cancer, Leukemia, Prostate Cancer
- Asthma, Bronchitis, Sinus problems.
- Excess Body Fat/Weight Loss, Cellulite, Obesity.
- High Blood Pressure, Chronic Nephritis.
- Circulation problems - Body Odor.
- Rheumatism, Chilblains, Gout.
- Hemorrhoids and Piles.
- Swelling, Inflammation - Arthritis
- Tendinitis, Tumors, Mastitis
- Back, Shoulder, Neck and Muscular Pains.
- Neuralgia and Abnormal Nerve Functions.
- Herpes, Paralysis, Sciatica Skin Elasticity and Texture.
- Chapping, Skin Aging, Wrinkles.
- Damaged, Burnt and Scarred Tissue
- Clogged Pores, Pimples, Acne
- Toxicity, Hepatitis, Cirrhosis, Cystitis, Uric Acid.
- Gastric and Duodenal Ulcers.
- Menstrual problems, PMS, Yeast problems
- Fungus, Viruses, Bacteria, Parasites.
- Migraine, Headaches, Nose Bleeds - Earache,
- Tinnitus. (Ringing in the Ears)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Diabetes Mellitus.
- Sports Injuries - Colds, Flu, Fever.
Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O and P Medical Clinic in Japan reports success with the use of Far Infrared heat treatment for the following:
- Ear Diseases.
- Gastroenteric Problems.
- Sciatica. Shoulder Stiffness.
Musculo-skeletal improvements with Far Infrared Heat. Success has been reported from infrared treatments by Japanese researchers for the following musculo-skeletal conditions:
- Arthritis, Gout, Rheumatoid, DJD (each substantially relieved or improved).
- Adhesions (common in competitive athletes, trauma, and repetitive stress syndromes).
- TMJ Arthritis.
- Acel-Decel Injury Sequelae.
- Low-Back Pain (relieved).
- Bursitis (eliminated).
- Brain Contusion (accelerated healing).
- Disc-Protrusion Related Neuralgia.
- Compression Fractures (in one situation pain stopped for three days with one treatment).
- Muscle Tension (relaxed).
- Muscle Spasms (reduced or eliminated).
- Post-Exercise Muscle Pain (good results - vital to competitive athletes).
- Shoulder pain (relieved or improved).
- Spinal Chord Shock (reversed post traumatic shock).
- Tight Shoulders (more relaxed).
- Traumatic Arthritis.
Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions Relieved with Far Infrared Heat. The Japanese report the following ear, nose, and throat conditions relieved with Far Infrared heat treatments:
- Body Odor.
- Chronic middle-ear inflammation of infection.
- Clogged pores (unplugged of cosmetics, unexcelled skin texture and tone).
- Dandruff (increased blood flow through the scalp).
- Eczema and Psoriasis (respond well).
- Lacerations (healed quicker with less pain and scarring).
- Nettle rash.
- Nose bleeding (reduced).
- Skin Conditions (improved).
- Teenage skin problems (clearing acne and blackheads).
- Poor skin tone - Scars and pain from burns or wounds (decreased in severity and extent).
- Sore throats.
- Tinitus (chronic severe case cleared with 10 infrared treatments).
- Used routinely in burn units throughout Asia.
'Reversing The Aging Process' - an Enlightened Doctor's Discovery'. ©1999 by Dr. Fouad I. Ghaly, M.D. - Studies suggest that Far Infrared light stimulates the production of cell tissue and rapidly promotes the regeneration of skin and blood tissue.
Far Infrared Detoxification
Toxic accumulation is a root cause behind most physical challenges, including the aging process and diseases such as cancer.
Far Infrared is thought to be 7 times more effective at detoxifying heavy metals such as mercury, aluminum, and even cholesterol's, nicotine, alcohol, ammonia, sulfuric acid and other environmental toxins, as opposed to conventional heat or steam saunas.
The human body is a reservoir of all kinds of bio-toxins which cannot be expelled immediately and become stored in the body, thereby triggering illness. When toxic gases such as sulfur dioxide and carbon dioxide, or potentially fatal heavy metal toxins such as mercury, lead and chlorine, meet large water molecules, they are encapsulated by clusters of water and trapped in the body. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. However, when a 7 to 11 micron FIR wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the water evaporates, the encapsulated gas and toxins can be released.
Toxic Cleansing With Far Infrared (FIR) Waves:
"One of the reasons FIR has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of FIR waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Toxins that cannot be removed immediately after they enter the body are encapsulated by clusters of water. Blood circulation becomes blocked and the cellular energy impaired where these toxins accumulate. However, when a 10-micron FIR wave is applied to water molecules containing toxins, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released. One study done by American researchers showed that the sweat released by users of a FIR sauna was different that the sweat of people using a conventional sauna or doing normal exercise. The non water portion of sweat released in a FIR sauna was cholesterol, fat soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals, sulfuric acid, sodium, ammonia and uric acid." - Dr. Kyuo, Japan.
Toxic overload has been implicated in many health conditions, from fibrocystic breast disease (FBD) in women to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children. Symptoms of toxic overload include fatigue, headaches, joint or muscle pain, frequent colds and flu, signs of allergy and hormonal imbalance, chemical sensitivity, sinus congestion, psoriasis and other skin conditions, loss of dexterity, insomnia and more. Psychological symptoms include poor concentration, memory loss, mood changes, mental confusion and changes in behavior. - www.balancedlives.net
A great overview on FIR history and its therapeutic value is available in an article: "Warming Up to FIR" published in the Jan. 2001 issue of Alternative Medicine Magazine by Dr. D.J. Fletcher. Here is an extract:
'Detoxification from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome: Randy Gomm in Vancouver, became a distributor of FIR saunas after his life was turned around by detoxification. As a firefighter, his health had begun to deteriorate until he was no longer able to work. He was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and eventually it was realized that the root of his problem was toxic overload from occupational exposure. During the eight years he was ill, he says, he had a lot of time to research alternative modalities to regain his health. "I discovered that leading researchers in fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome stated that their patients had high toxic loads," says Randy. "When their loads were reduced, their symptoms often improved dramatically. It worked for me. Detoxing really helped put me back on my feet."'
Masuda A, Kihara T, Fukudome T, Shinsato T, Minagoe S, Tei C. The effects of repeated thermal therapy for two patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J Psychosom Res. 2005 Apr;58(4):383-7.
1. Lin CC, Chang CF, Lai MY, Chen TW, Lee PC, Yang WC. Far-infrared therapy: a novel treatment to improve access blood flow and unassisted patency of arteriovenous fistula in hemodialysis patients. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007 Mar;18(3):985-92. Epub 2007 Jan 31.
2. Fredrikus G. J. Oosterveld, Johannes J. Rasker, Mark Floors, Robert Landkroon, Bob van Rennes, Jan Zwijnenberg, Mart A. F. J. van de Laar, Gerard J. Koel. Infrared sauna in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Clinical Rheumatology. 2009 January 01. vol. 28 issue 1, pages 29-34 doi10.1007/s10067-008-0977-y.
3. Kihara T, Biro S, Imamura M, et al. Repeated sauna treatment improves vascular endothelial and cardiac function in patients with chronic heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002 March. 39(5):754-759. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(01)01824-1.
Infrared Radiant Energy - Article by Dr. Aaron M. Flickstein
- http://www.natural-pain-relief-guide.com/safety-of-infrared.html -
What is Infrared Heat?
Radiant heat is simply a form of [light] energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion without having to heat the air between. Radiant heat is also called infrared energy or IR. The electromagnetic spectrum is divided into three segments by wavelength, measured in microns or micrometers (a micron = 1/1,000,000 of a meter): 0.076 to 1.5 microns = near or close; 1.5 to 5.6 = middle or intermediate; 5.6 to 1000 = far or long wave infrared. The far infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum occurs just below, or "infra" to, red light as the next lowest energy band. This band of light is not visible to human eyes but can be seen by special cameras that translate infrared into visible colors. We can, however, feel this type of light, which we perceive as heat. The sun produces most of its energy in the infrared segment of the spectrum. Our atmosphere has a "window" in it that allows infrared rays -- in the 7 to 14 micron ranges -- to safely reach the earth's surface. When warmed, the earth radiates infrared rays in the 7 to 14 micron bands with its peak output at 10 microns.
The infrared heat produced by infrared saunas is similar to the heat from the sun. Our tissues normally produce infrared energy and burn it as fuel to keep us warm and use it for tissue repair. Tissue production of infrared energy is associated with a variety of healing responses. At times, the infrared energy in our tissues may require a boost to a higher level to insure the fullest healing possible for tissue repair. Dr. Tsu-Tsair Oliver Chi, when summing up how infrared devices are attuned to the human body, reported that body tissues that need an infrared boost selectively absorb infrared rays. After boosting a tissue's infrared energy, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly.
The Swedish National Institute of Radiation Protection has concluded, as well, that infrared heaters are not dangerous. Instead, Japanese researchers have reported that infrared radiant heat [is the] antidote [to] the negative effects of toxic electromagnetic sources. German researchers reported beneficial effects from hour-long whole-body infrared exposure in two groups of hypertensive patients studied in 1989, including a 24-hour long increase in peripheral blood flow and decrease in high blood pressure.) [*Imagine what the improvements could be with the ability to sit during the day and or sleeping during the night on The Original Bio-Mat*]. [*So much easier to sit or sleep on The Original Bio-Mat, as long as you want using the first 6 settings. You can experience the effects of an infra-red sauna with The Original Bio-Mat by using the 2 top red settings, covering up with blankets for 1 hour.*]
The August 7, 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reported what is common knowledge today: Many people who run do so to place a demand on their cardiovascular system as well as to build muscle. What isn't well known is that it also reported the "regular use of a sauna may impart a similar stress on the cardiovascular system, and its [infrared heat] regular use may be as effective as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories as regular exercise." It has been found that the infrared sauna makes it possible for people in wheelchairs, those who are otherwise unable to exert themselves, and those who won't follow an exercising/conditioning program to achieve a cardiovascular training effect. It also allows for more variety in any ongoing training program.
Blood flow during whole-body hyperthermia is reported to rise from a normal five to seven quarts a minute to as many as 13 quarts a minute. Guyton's Textbook of Medical Physiology reports that producing one gram of sweat requires 0.586 kcal. The JAMA citation above goes on to state that "A moderately conditioned person can easily sweat off 500 grams in a sauna, consuming nearly 300 kcal - the equivalent of running two to three miles. A heat-conditioned person can easily sweat off 600 to 800 kcal with no adverse effect. While the weight of water loss can be regained by re-hydration, the calories consumed will not be."
Assuming one takes a sauna for 30 minutes, some interesting comparisons can be drawn. Two of the highest calorie output exercises are rowing and running marathons. Peak output on a rowing machine or during a marathon burns about 600 calories in 30 minutes. An infrared sauna may better this from "just slightly" up to 250 percent by burning 900 to 2400 calories in the same period of time. It might in a single session simulate the consumption of energy equal to that expended in a six-to nine-mile run.
The McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology reports "medical practitioners make use of infrared radiant heat to treat sprains, strains, bursitis, peripheral vascular diseases, arthritis, and muscle pain..."
Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O & P Medical Clinic in Japan has reported success with the use of infrared heat treatment for:
- Shoulder Stiffness
- Gastroenteric Problems
- Ear Diseases
A clinical trial in Japan reported a successful solution for seven out of seven cases of rheumatoid arthritis treated with whole-body infrared therapy.
Other Therapeutic Effects of Infrared Heat
The following information has been summarized from Chapter 9 of Therapeutic Heat and Cold, Fourth Edition, Editors Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin, or concluded from data gathered there.
Generally it is accepted that [infrared] heat produces the following desirable therapeutic effects:
- 1. Infrared heat increases the extensibility of collagen tissues. Tissues heated to 45 degrees Celsius [113F] and then stretched exhibit a non-elastic residual elongation of about 0.5 to 0.9 percent that persists after the stretch is removed. This does not occur in these same tissues when stretched at normal tissue temperatures. Therefore 20 stretching sessions can produce a 10 to 18 percentage increase in length of tissues heated and stretched. Stretching of tissue in the presence of heat would be especially valuable in working with ligaments, joint capsules, tendons, fascia, and synoviurn that have become scarred, thickened, or contracted. Such stretching at 45 degrees Celsius caused much less weakening in stretched tissues for a given elongation than a similar elongation produced at normal tissue temperatures. Experiments cited clearly showed low-force stretching could produce significant residual elongation when heat is applied together with stretching or range-of-motion exercises. This is safer than stretching tissues at normal tissue temperatures.
Infrared heat decreases joint stiffness. There was a 20 percent decrease in rheumatoid finger joint stiffness at 45 degrees Celsius (112 degrees Fahrenheit) as compared with 33 degrees Celsius (92 degrees Fahrenheit), which correlated perfectly to both subjective and objective observation of stiffness. Speculation has it that any stiffened joint and thickened connective tissues may respond in a similar fashion.
- 3. Infrared heat relieves muscle spasms. Muscle spasms have long been observed to be reduced through the use of heat, be they secondary to underlying skeletal, joint, or neuro-pathological conditions. This result is possibly produced by the combined effect of heat on both primary and secondary afferent nerves from spindle cells and from its effects on Golgi tendon organs. The results produced demonstrated their peak effect within the therapeutic temperature range obtainable with radiant heat.
- 4. Infrared heat treatment leads to pain relief. Pain may be relieved via the reduction of attendant or secondary spasms. Pain is also at times related to ischemia (lack of blood supply) due to tension or spasm that can be improved by the hyperemia that heat-induced vasodilation produces, thus breaking the feedback loop in which the ischemia leads to further spasm and then more pain. Heat has been shown to reduce pain sensation by direct action on both free-nerve endings in tissues and on peripheral nerves. In one dental study, repeated heat applications led finally to abolishment of the whole nerve response responsible for pain arising from dental pulp. [Infrared] Heat may lead to both increased endorphin production and a shutting down of the so called "spinal gate" of Melzack and Wall, each of which can reduce pain. Localized infrared therapy using lamps tuned to the 2 to 25 micron waveband is used for the treatment and relief of pain by over 40 reputable Chinese medical institutes.
- 5. Infrared heat increases blood flow. Heating one area of the body produces reflex-modulated vasodilators in distant-body areas, even in the absence of a change in core body temperature. Heat one extremity and the contra-lateral extremity also dilates; heat a forearm and both lower extremities dilate; heat the front of the trunk and the hand dilates. Heating [with infrared heat] muscles produces an increased blood flow level similar to that seen during exercise. Temperature elevation also produces an increased blood flow and dilation directly in capillaries, arterioles, and veinules, probably through direct action on their smooth muscles. The release of bradykinin, released as a consequence of sweat-gland activity, also produces increased blood flow and vasodilation. Whole-body hyperthermia, with a consequent core temperature elevation, further induces vasodilation via a hypothalamic-induced decrease in sympathetic tone on the arteriovenous anastomoses. Vasodilation is also produced by axonal reflexes that change vasomotor balance.
- 6. Infrared heat assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema, and exudates. Increased peripheral circulation provides the transport needed to help evacuate edema, which can help inflammation, decrease pain, and help speed healing.
- 7. Infrared heat introduced in cancer therapy. More recently, infrared heat has been used in cancer therapy. This is a new experimental procedure that shows great promise in some cases when used properly. American researchers favor careful monitoring of the tumor temperature; whereas, the successes reported in Japan make no mention of such precaution.
- 8. Infrared heat affects soft tissue injury. Infrared healing is now becoming a leading edge care for soft tissue injuries to promote both relief in chronic or intractable "permanent" cases, and accelerated healing in newer injuries.
As reported in Infrared Therapy by Dr. Yamajaki, Japanese researchers have produced the following provocative results with whole-body infrared heat:
- Burns (relieves pain and decreases healing time with less scarring)
- High blood pressure (safe in 40 to 50 degrees Celsius, 104 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit, regular use helps lower pressure)
- Low blood pressure (sauna trains the body to raise the pressure)
- Brain damage (accelerated repair in brain contusions)
- Short-term memory loss (improved)
- Cancer of the tongue (improved)
- Toxic electromagnetic fields (effects neutralized)
- Cerebral hemorrhage (speeds and significantly enhances recovery)
- Arthritis, acute and chronic (greatly relieved)
- Gouty arthritis (relieved)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (relieved)
- Menopausal symptoms (relieved chills, nervousness, depression, dizziness, head- and stomach-aches)
- Weight loss (produced through sweating, the energy expended to produce sweating, and through direct excretion of fat)
- Auto accident-related soft tissue injury (daily sessions used until best healing attained, then used to deal with permanent residuals; pain control for chronic residuals lasted three days before another treatment was necessary)
- http://drlwilson.com/articles/sauna_therapy.htm -
The following are excerpts are taken from Infrared Sauna Therapy by Lawrence, Wilson, MD. While Dr. Wilson’s focus is on Infrared Sauna Therapy, the concepts also apply to Infrared Heat in general.
Infrared therapy is one of the least costly, safest and most powerful ways to eliminate toxic metals, toxic chemicals and chronic infections. The benefits include:
- Skin rejuvenation. Sauna use slowly restores elimination through the skin. The skin is the largest organ of the body and a major eliminative channel. In most people, it is inactive, congested and toxic. Sun exposure, use of synthetic clothing, bathing in chlorinated water and exposure to hundreds of chemicals damage the skin. Excessive sympathetic nervous system activity and emotions such as fear, anger and guilt cause blood to be withdrawn from the skin, contributing to inactivity of the skin.
- Enhanced sweating. Sweating in a sauna is a by-product of applying heat to the body. The sweating process gently and safely helps eliminate all heavy metals and toxic chemicals. Medical studies demonstrate that most toxins can be eliminated through the skin, relieving the burden on the kidneys and liver. Sweating increases dramatically in most people after several months of daily sauna use. Sweating during exercise is not nearly as effective for detoxification because exercise activates the sympathetic nervous system. Sympathetic nervous activity inhibits toxin elimination.
- Exercise benefits. Saunas provide many of the benefits of exercise with much less expenditure of energy. These include enhanced circulation and oxidation of the tissues. Repeated sauna use can lower elevated blood pressure and improve the elasticity of the arteries. Saunas are most helpful for cardiovascular rehabilitation, arthritis, allergies, skin conditions and chemical sensitivity.
- Decongesting the internal organs. Heating the body powerfully shunts blood toward the skin to dissipate heat. This decongests the internal organs and greatly stimulates circulation. Sinuses, joints and many other tissues benefit greatly.
- Fever therapy (hyperthermia) for infections. Raising body temperature powerfully assists the body to kill bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses. Many people have a low body temperature and, for this reason, cannot get rid of chronic infections. Common sites of infections are the sinuses, ears, eyes, bladder, throat and intestines.
- Tumors, radiation poisoning and mutated cells. Hyperthermia also helps kill other types of abnormal cells. Tumors, for example, tolerate heat poorly. Raising body temperature hastens their death. Though not a conventional method, hyperthermia is a well-researched therapy for cancer. Heat also disables or kills cells mutated by radiation or damaged by other toxins.
- Healing reactions are temporary symptoms that occur as toxic substances are eliminated and chronic infections heal. Symptoms vary from mild odors, tastes or rashes are very common and usually pass quickly. Some people feel great fatigue after sessions and this is normal. Some people have bowel changes, aches, pains or headaches.
- Old infections may flare up as they are healed due to repeated sauna use. Usually only rest and natural remedies are needed to help infections resolve faster.
- Almost all healing symptoms are benign and will pass quickly. Consult a knowledgeable practitioner if any cause concern .